ACS Division of Chemical Education Southeastern Regional Award for Excellence in High School Teaching
The High School Teacher Award is given annually to an individual who demonstrates excellence in teaching chemistry at a high school within the Southeastern Region.
The award consists of a plaque and travel expenses (within certain restrictions) to the SERMACS meeting where the award is given.
Eligibility and Application Procedure
- 2015 -- Constance Brown, Northwest High School,
- 2014 -- Fred Okoh,
Arabia Mountain High School, Lithonia, GA
- 2013 -- Brian Corbett, Southside High School, Greenville, SC
- 2012 -- Susanne M. Dana, Blacksburg High School, Blacksburg, VA
- 2011 -- Susan Smith, Westminster Schools of Augusta, Augusta, GA
- 2010 -- Ray Tedder, Dorman High School, Roebuck, SC
- 2009 -- Sondra Wieland, Heathwood Hall Episcopal School, Columbia SC
- 2008 -- Dianne Earle, Boiling Springs High School, Boiling Springs, SC
- 2007 --Tom Boyd, The McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN